My Uncle Jim, Aunt Jayne and cousins Scott and Mackenzie live in Beijing. They were able to get tickets to go see the swimming events at The Water Cube. Last night, when we were watching Dara Torres win silver we were excited to see this on NBC...

This is my Aunt Jayne and cousin Mackenzie holding up the Dara sign.
Later on while Michael Phelps was receiving his 8th gold medal...we were even more excited to see them with their Phelps Fan sign...and yes I paused it and took pictures of them on my TV.

Way to represent the USA girls!!!
6 comments:
Thanks Meredith for blogging about Jayne and Mackenzie. I wasn't smart enough to pause and take a picture. I can now show this to all the kids and grandkids that did not get to see it "live."
Aunt Holly
We saw it too! Actually Matt saw it first. I was busy reading the sign and didn't pay attention to who was holding the sign so we had to rewind it. How cool is THAT!
That rocks!!!
That's really cool.
How cool, Meredith! This was the first time we got to see ourselves. We had a blast! The fact we were attending an historic event was not lost on us. What a blessing! In case you're wondering, the Chinese at the top of the Dara sign is "jia you" which literally means 'add gas' meaning "Go!". The Chinese at the bottom of both signs says 'thank you, Beijing'. It was fun making them and imagining if they would even let us into the venue with them (banners are officially against the rules!). Thanks for sharing!! I loved reading your updates, too! Hannah is SO beautiful! Can't wait to see you next summer!!
Awesome....I missed them on TV, too. Thanks for posting this!
Post a Comment