Thursday, October 30, 2008

Two Firsts...

(1) This is my first post without a picture.

(2) This is the first time I've had a sick child.

It all began 2:00am on Wednesday morning when Hannah projectile vomitted on me and proceeded to do so 5 or 6 more times before 5:00am. She wasn't running a fever or fussy...just has the stomach virus that has gone like this in my family...Bennett--Haley and my dad--Zach and Hannah. Since then she has thrown up (exorcist style) yesterday at 1:40pm and this morning at 1:20am and 8:20am. So pretty much no Halloween celebration for us :( Oh well...atleast she is happy (or sleeping) when she isn't vomitting. I've been through about 10 tees and pajama pants and 6 loads of laundry. I've also wiped down EVERY door handle, light switch, toilet handle, bathroom/kitchen faucets, remote control, telephone, computer/laptop...pretty much anything you can think of...I'm thinking it is probably inevitable that I'll get this, but hopefully I can keep Jeremy from getting it.

I've always appreciated what great parents I've been blessed with and specifically I've always appreciated my mom taking care of me when I'm sick. I remember the first time I got sick after I was married and all I wanted to do was go to my parent's house and let my mom take care of me like she had for the past 28 years. Don't get me wrong my husband is great, but no one takes care of you like your mom. After he saw what a baby I am when I am sick, he wished I'd have gone home :) This is why when I got my wisdom teeth out when I was 29...I planned the surgery when he would be out of town so I could stay at my parents :)

Now that I am the mom and have been properly projectile vomitted on multiple times...I can TRULY appreciate how my mom has always taken care of me. I feel like I need to give my dad a shout out too...thanks for changing all those flat tires I've had (believe me people there have been plenty of them). However, I will not be changing tires for Hannah...Jeremy can take that one.

4 comments:

M Holly said...

So sorry that stomach bug has been going thru your family. Just keep it up there in Oklahoma! The Nasal and lung virus has been going thru our grandkids. I think the only two who haven't gotten it yet are Natalie and Hollyn. Hopefully they won't.
I know what you mean about wanting your mom to take care of you when you're sick. I remember shortly after my mom passed away, I got some sort of bug and would just lay in the bed (or on the floor by the toilet) and moan "I need my mom!" So pitiful. A 55 year old woman needing her mom! But it is a testimony to what moms do for us and how underappreciated they were until we experienced the same thing. Hope you and Jeremy don't get it and hope Hannah is back to her beautiful smiley self soon.

A. Holly

kj said...

Awwww.....Sorry she's sick!!! There is nothing like a mommy's love when you're sick! Take good care of her!

Kari said...

Girl, I can relate! I was watching TV the other night and heard an unnatural noise from Caleb's bathroom. Well, needless to say, he didn't quite make it to the toilet. BUT he didn't have a bug either...he had eaten too much movie popcorn and blue sour gummy worms. And believe me...I know they were blue! Gross!

Anonymous said...

I remember going through that for the first time after becoming a mom. Hollyn was 9 months old and she was puking everywhere. The kicker was I had this sinus infection from h*@# (my doctors words, not mine) and I was coughing so much I was puking. So...I laid layers of towels and sheets on the floor and she and I vegged for days on that pallet. We were pathetic. So sorry she's sick and praying that you don't get it!