Hannah is finally here. Jeremy and I went in on Wednesday morning for induction. Here is a summary of how our day went. We arrived at the hospital at 5:30am and the first 45 minutes began with paperwork. I got really nauseous because of my nerves so the paperwork took a little longer than usual. At 6:15 I was dilated to a 3 and they started me on Pitocin. I started having some major contractions. They weren't as painful as I thought they would be...just really uncomfortable. At 8:05 I met my new best friend (the anesthesiologist). Here I am after the epidural kicked in and feeling REALLY good (and swollen from all the fluids)!
There are really two main reasons for the new found status of best friend with the anesthesiologist. (1) he doped me up (2) he told me two different times how small I am. Which when you have gained (none of your business) pounds these words will get you on my good side no matter how much pain I am in. At 9:00 I was dilated to a 3-4 and at 10:34 they broke my water. Still feeling nothing...I declare that I am naming my second child Epi...Epi Edwards (short for Epidural). After this I just lay in bed laughing (from my meds) and then sleeping the rest of the time. Jeremy kept himself entertained by playing Grand Theft Auto on his PSP. At 11:55 I am dilated to a 6 and at this point my mom decides to go get lunch for Jeremy. Who would have thought in just 35 minutes I would be dilated to an 8. No one was expecting her to come this fast. My mom made it back in time for Jeremy to scarf down his food fast and successfully not get too sick in the process. At the same time my little sister, Haley, was hurrying to get to the hospital and ripped the side mirror off her car backing out of the garage (picture to come). At 1:10pm I am dilated to a 9.5 and around 2:00 the pushing begins. Little Miss Hannah then makes her grand appearance at 2:15pm (I'll spare you the gory pics). Here is our first family pic...
Now for the measurements...She is a whopping 5lbs 7oz and 19 inches long. Her head was a major conehead and really bruised, but she is healed now. We initially thought her hair was blonde with some strawberry in it (could have been the bruising). It is looking a lot more blonde now (it is so light you cannot see it in the pics but she does have hair)...I guess we will just have to wait and see. We are still secretly hoping for a redhead :)
Here are some more family pics...
Now I would like to take the time to thank my sister and all of my friends who prepared me to have low expectations about getting dressed to leave the hospital. Instead of being depressed about not yet fitting back into my skinny jeans...I am content with the shrinking size of my waist. Another surprising discovery was that I did not cry hysterically when I was kicked out of my luxurious room. We were all very happy to be heading home. Here is a pic of us leaving the hospital at 11:00am yesterday.

No comments:
Post a Comment